New PA Ready-To-Drink, Spirits-based canned cocktail company is currently seeking a professional Regional Sales Manager with beverage alcohol experience. This is a player/coach role responsible for building relationships, expanding territories, growing PODs over multiple channels, and managing distributor partners, their reps & brand ambassadors. Qualified RSM applicants must have a strong understanding of both the beverage industry and state-by-state regulations in the on and off-premise trades. Prior distributor and personnel management experience is a must and the ability to delegate is imperative. This is an incredible opportunity to build on the ground floor with a motivated company that is expanding distribution in a fast-paced environment, where advancement opportunities will be plenty.
Already a partner with the The Mann Center and one of the first spirit-based, canned RTD beverages in Philadelphia, Top Dog Cocktails’ main on-premise goal is to break through the stigma that only bar-made cocktails are authentic, and that canned cocktails are less profitable. Pennsylvania, a control state, has state monopoly over the wholesaling or retailing of liquor in the off-premise trade (though we do have the ability to self-distribute product in PA in certain instances). For this reason, applicants must be able to thrive in an ultra-competitive environment to produce authorizations in the PLCB channel. We are also launching in the lower 8 counties of New Jersey in August 2022 so candidates must be familiar with NJ state regulations pertaining to alcohol.
- Manage, lead, motivate and develop distributor sales personnel. Balance and drive inside and outside sales calls with managerial duties. Oversee and grow distributor partners. Schedule and conduct ride-with and team sells as required.
- Record and maintain retail call frequency as required
- Establish and monitor quality control standards (product freshness, finished product loss and breakage)
- Develop and execute selling programs to drive key sales objectives. Develop, implement and track Key Performance Indicators for the sales department.
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume, market share and other key financial performance objectives
- Establish weekly reporting routine to guide sales department productivity
- Build and execute monthly, quarterly, and annual distributor meeting decks to promote partnership accountability
- Manage distributor inventory and build suggested orders and order policies with production team
- Respond, investigate and resolve retailer questions and concerns
- Manage expense budget for assigned area of responsibility
- Call on local chains to develop and implement retail chain programs
- Provides feedback to senior leadership regarding new product initiatives and marketplace trends
- Participate in key samplings to support brand awareness and consumer trials
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams) and basic CRM applications
- Highly organized with ability to coordinate multiple projects with attention to detail
- Possesses the leadership skills to develop talent
- Self-motivated with a drive for success
- Flexible, team player with an empathetic approach to selling
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position: bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, etc.
- Available for overnight travel
- Valid Driver’s License with proof of no-fault insurance and safe driving record
- $70-85k + bonus opportunities, commensurate with experience
- Beverage or consumer industry: 4 years (Required)
- Bachelor’s or equivalent CPG experience
Job Type: Full-time
- Regional Sales Managers must provide their own reliable transportation but will receive a car allowance
- Excellent benefits including healthcare stipend, vacation, etc.